|
titans!
|
|
|
|
Saturday, March 17, 2012 @ 7:29 PM
Wasn't sure to be posting on here or the other site. Was just thinking last night that it has been 2 years since we went through our own YL. The feeling is going to fade as time passes I believe. Yet during this time of each year it marks the passing of yet another YLTC. The wonderment if the newer batch is as strong physically and mentally as the previous. If they are bonded and/or they know more than 5 people beyond their own group... How much of YL is etched into each of your memories? Frankly speaking I'm amazed by my own's as I can't actually remember a lot from my trainees days. Same goes for the instructor days. Maybe because for instructor days I was feeling bad most of the time for not being useful. But on the personal level, what's most important is that while both YLs are arguably the most significant events cause of the challenges presented, the second half of the journey is the precious period. Sooner or later, there will be titans that has forgotten when exactly YL is because of uni life then working life. But it's okay, because even the seniors that are 7 years older than us are still able to bring up the incidences that left an imprint in them when they were back at YL this year. Hence, I know that even if I can't remember much, when we get together, when we return for YL in a few years time, so long one person starts on the topic, the conversation can run on its own. Though I have an immediate concern regarding the longevity of the essence of OAC in being a self run CCA, YLTC being run as it has been for the past 30 plus years. Hope your apps processing has been going quite smooth. Xiaoqi will provide the Ubin update when she's able to. :D Can't wait for the next sat gathering. :) cj. |