|
titans!
|
|
|
|
Sunday, March 18, 2012 @ 12:24 PM
YLTC? I too, am inspired to post smth here and to account my thoughts and feelings. I have this deluge of emotions and sentient consciousness stuck in my brain that I find it possible to concentrate on anything else before I've recorded it down. Although I have my 1k fieldcamp reflection to write, my uni app and scholarship app, I think nothing is comparable to my memories with 36th and the importance of jotting them down. What does YLTC mean to me? After reading the posts and thinking fondly back at our YL, 37th YL and our term as a whole, I believe YLTC can be summarised to represent sacrifice and growth. Everyone sacrifices for YLTC. It means giving up your time for acads, friends, relaxation and all the other preconceived essentiality of life - until YLTC draws in. Everyone, and I mean everyone - including our seniors and dear 37th juniors - all put down their studies and other commitments to help with the planning, precamps and the 5 days YLTC. We don't do this because it's our CCA and we are supposed to do it for the sake of showing up; we're not Council where we do things to impress and to hit a certain criterion given to us by the school - we do YLTC because we love it and we want to create a lasting memory for our juniors. I remember I was doing wtv I can, sleeping at earliest 2am everyday and waking up at 5, just to think through the actual execution of 37th YLTC, planning for stuff, and wondering what else we can better organise. It's all about sacrifice. Like Zhihao's doubling btw YL and Huangcheng, Huiying's AEP and YL, June's studies and YL, Szeyuan and Liwen H3, Xiaoqi's fac comm, Sarah's OP Smile, and every single one of us. At a personal level, I was really burned out and exhausted during that period. My H3 was lagging behind like crazy and I could picture my H3 econs tutor mocking how I got A for promos when I can't even draw my cost/benefit diagram - yes, I only passed 1 H3 test and I was srsly writing rubbish because I couldnt devote enough time to it. Then there was our BT1 right after YLTC which I surprisingly did ok enough, but I know everyone could have done much better if we spent 5 days studying instead of doing YLTC. So it's about giving up, sacrificing. Even for this year's YLTC for 38th, I know our juniors have now been through what we have undertook; they now understand how it feels to be seniors and how important it is to form a good impression and image in front of the juniors. And this, comes with sacrifice, time and maturity. I cannot accurately number how much I have grown since our YLTC, but it gave me strength. Strength mentally, physically, and maturity. Growing up has never been so bittersweet. 2 periods of YLTC are very different and have taught us very different things. The first YLTC taught us teamwork, unity and etc, and the 2nd taught us leadership and values. It's about perception and growing up, and I think those who went Ubin for this year's YLTC has undergo a 3rd stage of growth as they think through (yet again) the meaning of row call and how we develop from there. A simple row call can manifest into so many other things with a variety of learning points. How incredible. At this point of time, I suddenly recall the song lyric "I don't wanna stay in YLTC....", but if I have another chance, I want to re-live YLTC, re-join YLTC, and experience everything again - but of course, with the 12 of you. Sorry for the quasi-incoherent post because I posted this before sorting out my thoughts properly, but it's still one of the more emotional posts to me. and meet up soon!! let me look at my army schedule before drawing up anything Derrick |